During these unprecedented times, our doctors and staff have made it a priority to continue to safely care for our patients. We understand the concerns of our patients regarding the coronavirus pandemic, however we would stress that delaying glaucoma follow ups and treatments pose a risk for possible vision loss.
Our safety protocol:
- All patients are screened prior to their appointment for COVID 19 symptoms, recent travel, recent contact or COVID -19 diagnosis. If patients answer yes to our screening questions, they are asked to be evaluated prior to their appointment and their appointments are postpone until they are cleared*
- Appointments are spread out in order to decrease the amount of people in the office and maintain social distancing
- Patients are asked to check in and then wait in their car in order to maintain social distancing. When called, patients are escorted straight to the exam room
- Patients’ temperatures are checked with non contact thermometer at check in
- Only patients are allowed to enter the office unless they need assistance for mobility, need a translator, or they are a minor
- All patients must wear face coverings
- All doctors and staff are wearing masks and gloves
- Exam rooms, equipment, and high contact areas (door knobs, etc.) are cleaned and disinfected between patients
- Doors and windows are open at all times to increase circulation inside the office
- Telehealth visits are available
- *If a patient presents for a vision threatening emergency who has failed our screening, they will be immediately brought to an exam room by the doctor. The exam room will then the closed for the rest of the day and thoroughly disinfected.
If you are concerned about your upcoming appointment, please call our office to discuss your case with your doctor.
Thank you for trusting us with your sight. Please stay safe and we will get through this together!